Women, equip yourself.

full of rants.


i have hw 2 finish but i will choose to do this.

i know im this kind of person who cant go on a day without complaining. at paninindigan ko na. okay so, ngayong araw ive decided na bibigyan ko sarili ko ng oras magfacebook, magfangirl at magblog kasi feeling ko kelangan kong mag release ng stresszs. but it was a wrong move. mas naiinis ako bigla.


i suggest u watch this nth video of butt hurt (yes, youve read it right, butt hurt) women protesting about street harassment.

http://www.elle.com/news/culture/hidden-camera-shows-how-much-women-get-harassed?src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1448_78405794&linkId=9118410

Before anything else, i support feminism. And yes, I know enough of what feminism is and I'm not just saying I am one because the word sounds fancy nor because I despise all men. And I just would like to say that feminism means supporting equality for women. I felt like I need to stress that.


First of all, those women in the video (except for that one girl who fought back) didn't know it was actually stupid to put that video out. Second of all, the only thing that these women did was to prove how alarming street harassment is in their country, not fighting it. So basically, all they did was to raise alarm, however, that kind of situation is old news, we are aware that it happens. However, if you're going to put out a "feminist" video, at least try to show the context of feminism. Ladies, we are advocating equality, ergo, you should have showed how can women equalize the power of men to assault you. If they could insult you, then you can sure as hell do the same to them. If a man gropes you, scream like it's the fucking apocalypse; don't be silent and cry inside like you have just lost your voice. And in that woman's case, she's in a train so it's closed, maybe if she yelled, people should have caught that man before he has gotten away or at least he could have stopped doing anything worse. If a man on the streets calls you names, be the bitchiest version of yourself, raise a middle finger or i don't know, just prove to him that no one can ever identify you like that. If a man touches you, touch him back with your foot landing hard at his balls. Sure, men are stronger but they have an obvious weakness, and you know what that is. However, if he has a weapon in hand, never be reckless. You wouldn't want your lifeless body ending up in a river. It could happen. So knowing that men are naturally stronger than you physically, be wise enough to know how you could outwit them intellectually. Educate yourself. Learn defense or at least watch how people do it, It is more important that you know something that will save your life instead of just being pretty.

So, don't just talk shit about men, that's not how you show power, equip and teach yourself on how equate men in difficult situations. If you want equality, then do equality. I rest my case. char

Some of u might think that "nah shes only saying that bcos she's not in that situation bla" Sure, this would sound so fake because I haven't experienced harassment firsthand however, I am sure that in whatever situation I would be stuck at, I know I will freaking do anything just to save my life. just saying.





i didnt talk about women wearing suggestive clothes because i know i'll end up talking about rape and i think i still don't have the right words to impart about women being molested and raped because of what they wear.


#maypinaglalaban